It is our mission to help feed the hungry, to help protect by facilitating the donation of pet oxygen masks to fire departments/first responders within the community and to help stop littering by providing free or low-cost spay and neuter services to help people keep their pets. We are proud to partner with several organizations such as the Center for Food Action (Mahwah, Ringwood and Saddle Brook), the Social Services Association of Ridgewood and many local fire departments throughout Bergen County. Companion Animal Advocates is making a difference in the lives of so many people in our community. By supporting CAA, you too can be a part of the difference!
Who We Are
Companion Animal Advocates (CAA), is a non-profit, all volunteer organization primarily serving New Jersey residents. CAA is committed to keeping family pets from being surrendered to already crowded shelters because their owners can no longer care for them.
CAA is making a significant difference in the lives of so many people in our community – our own neighbors. We are proactively addressing day-to-day issues that every pet owner faces through the following initiatives:
- Pet Retention
- Low-Cost Spay & Neuter
- Adoption Advocacy
- Pet Safety
The people that make up the group have decades of collective experience in a variety of animal welfare areas. Most importantly, each volunteer has a passion for animals and the love and companionship they provide. That passion is key to the long-term success of CAA.
“We envision a future where every pet has a family and every family can keep their pet.”
To initiate and foster programs that:
- develop, encourage and nurture the relationship between people and domesticated animals;
- promote professionalism in the administration of programs dedicated to the welfare of domesticated animals;
- educate the public on the compassionate and responsible care of domesticated animals;
- promote the rescue and adoption of homeless animals;
- provide assistance in times of emergency to pet owners and their animals; and
- provide assistance to the under served to enable them to enjoy the companionship of domesticated animals.